Coach Bill Renner has trained kickers and punters for over 30 years.
He currently trains players at his home location in the Chapel Hill/Durham/Raleigh, North Carolina area.
Former UNC kicker, Thomas Moore, works with Coach Renner training kickers. Thomas trained with Coach Renner for 3 years as the starting kicker at UNC. And has worked side-by-side with him coaching kickers to learn the techniques and training protocol Coach Renner uses.
Coach Renner and Thomas train his kickers on 10 foot wide goal posts to enable them to learn to control ball flight. High School goal posts are 23 feet 6 inches wide. Pro/College goal posts are 18 feet 4 inches wide. Training on a 10 foot wide goal post makes kicking field goals and extra points on regulation goal post seem simple.
Coaching Kickers and Punters
- He is a noted expert on coaching and training punters and kickers.
- He has authored 8 books on the coaching kicking and punting techniques
- He has operated kicking camps for 18 years that have produced 8 NFL players and numerous college athletes
- He ran kicking camps for the following colleges during his 18 years of running kicking camps for high school and college kickers:
- Michigan State
- Louisiana State
- Virginia Tech
- He ran a Pro Kicking and Punting Combine for graduating college kickers and punters to be seen by NFL teams
- He ran a Pro Training Camp to prepare college kickers and punters for the NFL Combine and for their pro tryout days
- His camps and combines have trained 8 kickers and 5 punters who have gone on to have NFL careers
- He was a guest with the Philadelphia Eagles as a kicking and punting evaluator at the NFL Combine
- He has done kicking and punting consulting work for the Philadelphia Eagles, New York Jets, and New Orleans Saints
- He has authored 37 football books on offense, defense and kicking including topics such as:
Teaching and Coaching Football Kicking Mechanics, Core Drills for Developing Football Kicking Skills, Teaching and Coaching Football Punting Mechanics, and Core Drills for Developing Football Punting Skills, How to Scout the Offense of Your High School Football Opponent, How to Scout the Defense of Your High School Football Opponent, Coaching the Inside Zone Running Play, Pass Protection from No Tight End Formations, Coaching the Counter Running Play, Controlling and Beating Football Defensive Blitz, and numerous others
- He has spoken throughout the country at coaching clinics on kicking and punting techniques,
- He has appeared on national radio shows as an expert
- He provided expert kicking testimony at a trial
- He is an annual invited speaker at the Nike Coach of the Year Clinics
Consulting, Athlete Training and Education
- Having his Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology gives him an astute insight into training athletes physically and mentally.
- He is a Certified Speed and Agility Coach
- He is a Level 1 Certified USA Football Coach
- He studies and researches the most efficient methods to dispense information and train athletes to an elite level.
- He currently trains athletes privately for kicking, punting, quarterback and other football position skills through his company BRF, Bill Renner Football, LLC.
- He also operates elite quarterback classes at D1 Sports facilities. D1 Sports is a nationally recognized athlete training facility.
- He is a member of the AFCA, NSCA and NFL Alumni.