5 Wide Offense Axioms
1) NEVER let the defense dictate to you.
2) Control the amount of players in the box with your formations.
3) Throw the football to setup the run.
4) Make the defensive line tired.
5) Run to win…in the 4th quarter when the defense is tired.
6) Always run plays to where the offensive has the number advantage. The offense has the advantage when the numbers are even.
i.e. 5-on-5 or 6-on-6 in the box, 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 in the secondary
7) NEVER pass protect with the running back or receivers, release them into routes and make the defense defend them. If you use them as protectors you give the defense a one player advantage.